After determining the cause and locations of building defects, consider the cure. In most masonry structures, water and frost damage result from openings in the mortar joints. Here lies the need for tuckpointing – the backbone of masonry restoration. At Aspire Restoration Ltd., our pointing contractors can help with your brickwork repairs in Blackheath, London and surrounding areas.
Tuckpointing blackheath service
Is the brickwork on your property looking tired and worn?
If this is the case, then it is time to act now. Our repointing specialists can help with our services of weather struck pointing and chimney repointing, depending on your needs. We offer property (either residential or commercial) maintenance in Blackheath, London at an affordable cost.
Have you decided to hire a professional?
Here are some steps that our experts involve in tuckpointing:
- To start, we remove the existing mortar joints to a depth of approximately one inch.
- Brush dust and debris from the ground-out mortar joints with a masonry brush or high-pressure air nozzle.
- Then mix the new mortar to match the existing brick color.
- Then we fill the joints with the new mortar, working with the horizontal joints first.
- After applying the wet mortar to the joints, smooth it to resemble a flat surface or slightly indented curve (depending on your desired look).
Things we consider before providing tuckpointing service:
- What kind of material needs tuckpointing?
- What needs tuckpointing?
- Describe what needs to be repaired.
- Cracks in mortar
- Crumbling mortar
- Holes in mortar
- Uneven bricks
- Evidence of water damage
- Need an evaluation
Friendly & reliable service:
We pride ourselves on offering our clients honest advice on tuckpointing service and deliver on good value for money when it comes to cost. Our workers are also recognizable and presentable. Our company has many compelling qualities. We are qualified, have years of experience, our tuckpointing services are honestly priced, we are professional and reliable, fully insured and we provide our potential and existing clients with non-obligation quotes.
Visit us on Facebook for our work Gallery.